All international students and scholars need to acquire a certain type of visa before arriving in Korea according to their purpose of visit. Depending on the length of study period or purpose of visit, the type of visa you receive may vary.
- Generally, C-3 visa is issued for those who are going to stay for a short period of time (less than 90 days) for study, teaching, or research.
- D-2 visa will be issued for students who are staying over 90 days.
- For Scholars who are staying for more than 90 days will require E-1 visa. (For your family dependent, F-3 visa will be issued.)
- For Researchers who are staying for more than 90 days will require E-3 visa. (For your family dependent, F-3 visa will be issued.)
- Note that students from certain countries may require to receive CV ID number from the host university in Korea in order to apply for a visa before entering Korea. Please contact the Korean Embassy and a staff at ISSS if you fall into this category.
- According to individual’s status of application, all scholars staying in Korea for more than 90 days will need to acquire one of the visa mentioned below:
- E-1: Faculty, Lecturer
- E-3: Researcher
- F-3: Dependents/ Spouse/ Family
- If you need more detailed information on immigration procedures and how to apply for a visa, please visit:
– Website: www.hikorea.go.kr, www.immigration.go.kr
Or contact the Korea Immigration call center by just dialing 1345, regardless of local or mobile phone from anywhere in Korea 1345.
*The Call Center operates through 20 Serviced languages. It is available from 09:00~18:00, Monday to Friday.